Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Made in America

 I recently read an article about things made in America...or, more specifically not American-made.  It made me think, so the next time I was in the store I checked the tags of everything I looked at.  Sure enough, it was difficult to find the Made in America stamp.  (I am a huge fan of Asia, but I am eternally grateful and proud to be American.) Then, ta-da- I found one!  Granted, it was an over-priced, rough, unfinished wooden peg board, but I bought it anyway since I'm now all about supporting the American-made.  This led to me being artsy for the first time in ages...

...a green peg board for the baby bibs...
I was so proud of myself!  And then since I'd spent so much time but had so much fun, I decided to keep going.  Using old cereal boxes, I cut out and painted his name to match as decor for the nursery.  The artistic gene in my family is, shall we say, slightly recessive in me, but I still enjoy art very much.


And how did Little Man feel about the new additions to his room?  He didn't seem to notice one bit.  But that didn't stop him from being a brave boy when it was time for four month shots and loving his baths.

Why yes Mother, I'd love a bar of soap.

Or putting up with my photo shoots -

Oh we get to do this again Mom?  Nice!
Uh wait...this is starting to feel familiar and I don't remember if I like them..
I remembered..I don't...                                                                                                                          

How do you get your face to do that?


I refuse to smile..refuse...watch me...

Oh okay, you are pretty funny.  I'll humor you.

Happy First Easter Jamesiepie!



1 comment:

Hannah said...

ok, CUTE. THis little boy is completely adorable and I'm so in love with him!! Need to see him soon!