Saturday, December 3, 2011

The Stork Has Landed!!

The Stork Has Landed....

and brought the most beautiful baby in the whole world!!! It is said that pictures are worth a thousand words - but I don't think there are words or pictures enough to describe this baby. Pictures just don't do his cuteness justice (as confirmed by my mom =) and words just fail. However, since it's the best we can do for now, just look and imagine "100 times cuter" and you'll be in the ball park.
James Pearson was born Sunday, November 27, 2011 at 10:41pm. He was beautiful from the getgo with tons of black hair and dark bluish-grey eyes (that we think will probably turn brown). Weighing in at a healthy 8 lbs, 1.4 oz, he passed his first tests with flying colors. Everything regarding the labor and delivery went as smoothly as it possibly could with our doctor declaring me 'an OB's dream!' (although I wondered if he says that to every laboring woman) and no complications. The hospital staff was nothing short of fantastic and we felt so well cared for. I was pleasantly surprised that he looked liked me with Jared's nose and lips! Most of my nieces and nephews seem to look more like their other parent, so I was truly surprised, but so excited!



My original due date was Tuesday, November 22nd. When that day came and then went uneventfully, it turned out to to be a great blessing because I could thoroughly enjoy my utterly amazing and wonderful parents who came up for Thanksgiving/baby time. We lucked out with the gorgeous weather and went for a pre-dinner hike before turkeying it up!

A few days later (Saturday) I called the nurse just to ask about a few things and she recommended us coming in just to check things out - I was sure I'd be home in my own bed by 11:00pm. Lo and behold I was in LABOR and ended up staying. Then, ta-da! A baby! Jared was a fabulous support - he was exhausted afterwards! I can't imagine why...

Here is our week in a nutshell:

My sweet boy.


On his way home from the hospital.


He is very content with Grandma.


Reading the Ensign with Dad at family scriptures.


His faces are the SADDEST but they make me laugh they are so cute! There is one we call the 'the angry elf' and 'the turtle' - this one is 'the saddest boy in the world'.


Recognize those lips anyone?


Two days old!

It is hard to believe I'm this tiny person's mother.

He's so delicious I could eat him!
Five days old.

Three days old.


My angel mother! There is truly nobody like your mom.


Our first family pictures.
Six days old


His little hands are my favorite!


I know, cheesy but who really cares? It was the photographer's idea and we loved it. Don't mind that I'm still in maternity clothes...



He is our angel but we left his diaper on for a reason.








I wish you could see how he smiles in his sleep, the dimples in each cheek, hear his coos and feel his impossibly silky smooth skin. I love this little person and feel like Christmas has come early this year. It's hard to imagine him as a sassy teenager or anything besides a darling sweet boy, but hopefully we can be good parents and he grows up as perfectly as we imagine. But for now, I'll just enjoy every minute of his babyhood.



15 comments:

Amy & John Ewell said...

Simply precious Hilary and Jared. He is adorable and you're looking fabulous Hilary. Looking and rdg this post makes me feel so anxious & excited for our turn in 10 weeks! Ahh. I'll chat with you soon.
Love,
the Ewells

Kristi said...

Congrats Jared and Hillary! He is so handsome! We are so happy for you guys, hope everything else is going well!

Rachel said...

I was so confused about your blog, I'm glad I got your email this morning!
He is SO cute, and I'm not just saying that...he really really is! I love his faces and his hair! And he was like the perfect size! Not too little he was scar, not too big. Just think, mine were both a pound heavier than yours. yikes.
Can't wait to see him in person!

Carrie Hansen said...

Hilary! Congrats. He is adorable and you look absolutely fantastic! Hope you are doing well!!! Sounds like you are!

Bryner Family said...

Hilary, I'm so excited for you and your little miracle! My dad kept asking me if you'd had that baby yet and I said I think so but she hasn't posted pictures yet! :) He'll be happy to hear now. We love you!

Andy and Melissa said...

Huge congrats. What a doll. I am glad things went smoothly and he arrived without any big problems. Enjoy him!

Amanda said...

Congrats hillary! James is adorable and you look amazing! We had a little boy just about 9 hours after yours :)

Syd & Susan said...

We are so happy for your little family of 3!!! He is beautiful and I love his name!!! What wonderful family pictures! The joy of motherhood cannot be beat!! Love, Uncle Syd & Aunt Susan

Unknown said...

How fun! What a darling family. I'm so excited for you guys. I know the first couple months can be crazy so seriously if you need anything please, please, please don't hesitate. Congratulations!

Melynie said...

Oh my goodness!! What priceless pictures. We love all of you so much and can't wait to meet James!!!!! What a merry Christmas!

Elder Jake Zebe said...

He is absolutely adorable! Enjoy Enjoy every moment....they grow so quickly! Miss you!

Jamie said...

Congratulations!!! You are the most beautiful Mommy! I am so glad that I have your blog now! Love you!!

dave&hannah said...

Oh man! LOVE HIM SO MUCH! I love all the pictures you put up! There are some cute ones of you and mom and dad. love your sweet family pictures and that James is looking like the perfect baby (no crying :) ) He's so sweet! Love you guys!

Lynette said...

Wow! Great family pictures. That little one is so blessed to have the parents and family he has! He is beautiful! So happy for you!

Sarah Ringer said...

I love your little boy!!! Seriously he just melts my heart. I can't wait to hold that cute little guy in April...May? Love the pictures and I'm sure he is even more perfect in person. A huge congrats to my favorite Hawkeye family :)