Thursday, November 15, 2012

Happy Halloween

Boo! It was our first family Halloween and who better to have as your trophy than an adorable little pumpkin?
 
 Although he had no love for the camera at the church Halloween party, he was still the cutest pumpkin I have ever seen in my life!  My favorite were his chunky little striped legs...
We posed for a scary family photo - a random assortment of Lance Armstrong (I am covering his arm IV with a tube of blood), a gypsy (who forgot part of her costume) and of course, our little pumpkin.

Daddy and Little Man doing the cake walk.  (Crawl...)
The cake I made for the cake walk was SO super fun to make.  It is a witch's cauldron with wormy soup spilling over the edges and a tootsie roll ladle sticking out the back.  When J got home I excitedly asked him what he thought of it.  He studied it and then said, "Give me a clue..."  I was crushed, but chalked it up to him being a man put on the spot.  When my neighbor, Catherine, came over just a few minutes later, I showed her.  She studied it and then said, "Give me a clue..."  THE SAME PHRASE!  Maybe that is why it didn't win any prizes and got beat out by a cake made out of rice crispies - aka not even a cake!
 
  Ah well, I had lots of fun making it and I'm sure it was delicious, so that is all that matters anyway.

 
My little pumpkin at his first trunk-or-treat.  Since our ward is a student ward and only has a large Sunbeam class, it was over in less than ten minutes and we had to take all the leftover candy home.  Since we had zero trick-or-treaters, guess who's been eating it all?  Yep.  Good thing I know someone who's good with teeth!

No comments: